I downloaded a phpMyAdmin-4.2.0-english.zip, extracted it, copied my old config.inc.php to the phpmyadmin folder made by extracting, and uploaded all of them to the server (See “To create a Wamp-like Web Server in Windows7-#3.“).
By the way, when I compared the new config.sample.inc.php with my old one(=Ver.4.1.x), I found two lines were lost and seven lines were added.
The lost lines.
At /* First server */ area
/* Select mysql if your server does not have mysqli */
$cfg[‘Servers’][$i][‘extension’] = ‘mysqli’;
Does this mean they don’t support mysql modules anymore? (I noticed ‘Added warning about the mysql extension being deprecated and removed the extension directive’ in the ChangeLog.)
The added lines.
At /* Storage database and tables */ area
// $cfg[‘Servers’][$i][‘favorite’] = ‘pma__favorite’;
// $cfg[‘Servers’][$i][‘savedsearches’] = ‘pma__savedsearches’;
As a new parameter of the configuration
* Whether to display icons or text or both icons and text in table row
* action segment. Value can be either of ‘icons’, ‘text’ or ‘both’.
//$cfg[‘RowActionType’] = ‘both’;
So, when I logged on the new phphmyadmin at the first time, I got “The phpMyAdmin configuration storage is not completely configured, some extended features have been deactivated. To find out why click here.”.
By a clicking, I got the next three alerts.
$cfg[‘Servers’][$i][‘savedsearches’] … not OK [ Documentation ]
Saving Query-By-Example searches: Disabled
I had instructions, too.
Quick steps to setup advanced features:
Create the needed tables with the examples/create_tables.sql.
Create a pma user and give access to these tables.
Enable advanced features in configuration file (config.inc.php), for example by starting from
Re-login to phpMyAdmin to load the updated configuration file.
To create the tables with the examples/create_tables.sql or by your hand, it is your choice. Further information about this, see “Configuration storage“. As I already had the pma user, I created the two tables manually. Then, I edited nine lines above in my config.inc.php, and removed “//” from the head of the next lines.
$cfg[‘Servers’][$i][‘favorite’] = ‘pma__favorite’;
$cfg[‘Servers’][$i][‘savedsearches’] = ‘pma__savedsearches’;
I re-logined to phpMyAdmin to load the updated configuration file. Mission complete.