Being too busy with writing HTTP/2, I’ll also write about it, which is I moved to MariaDB 10.1.8. Not to update it. Besides, I found PHP5.6.15, phpMyAdmin4.5.1 and ActivePerl-22.214.171.1242 yesterday, so I took care of them all.
- MariaDB 10.0.21 —>> MariaDB 10.1.8 Changelog
First, I backed up all the sever data. Especially, MariaDB and MyDB, and then, took a usual way to update. But I had errors like this and the SQL server didn’t start again though the text has the line ‘x:\MyDB\bin\mysqld.exe: ready for connections.’. Oops! くりくりさん wrote about having the same trouble on his blog, and I found some other people had the same experience at updating from 10.0.21 to 10.1.8. ☞ MariaDB 10.1.8 crashes at startup
So, I deleted both of MariaDB and MyDB completely, and installed very new MariaDB 10.1.8 as my SQL server. I re-started the service again. It was successful with no error. At shutting down it had no error, either. In the error log I found ‘Dumping buffer pool(s) not yet started’, so I made the next two to ON in my.ini. ☞ Dumping and restoring the buffer pool
innodb_buffer_pool_load_at_startup = ON
innodb_buffer_pool_dump_at_shutdown = ON
After the two turned to ON, the log changed like this.
Start the server again. I connected the server from cmd.exe for setting root password.
mysql -u root
SET PASSWORD FOR root@localhost=PASSWORD('password');
I logged the server on as root by phpMyAdmin. At the time, phpMyAdmin might give you error messages about control user or so, but don’t worry. They will have gone after finishing following steps.
- Make the same users as before. I used back-up sql files from the previous server for the users’ privilege settings.
- Create the database phpmyadmin and import all table data from back-up sql files, which is for control_user.
- Create all other databases and import their data. In my case, I did this for my WordPress.
- PHP5.6.14 —>> PHP5.6.15 (Changelog)
- phpMyAdmin126.96.36.199 —>> phpMyAdmin4.5.1 (Changelog)
- ActivePerl-188.8.131.521 —>> ActivePerl-184.108.40.2062
I had no trouble other than about MariaDB 10.1.8.